Colonel Meow, Costco, Elizabeth Fais, Friskies, Giving Back, Google Express, Grumpy Cat, Hamilton the Hipster Cat, Holiday Spirit, HSSV, Humane Society Silicon Valley, Humane Society SV, Klaus, Nala Cat, Oskar the Blind Cat, Random Acts of Kindness, Tardar Sauce
Grumpy…For the good of all cat-kind
A couple of years ago Grumpy Cat, Oskar the Blind Cat, Nala Cat, Colonel Meow, and Hamilton the Hipster Cat starred in the following video that helped to feed over 500,000 homeless cats. While the view-and-feed-homeless-cats offer for the video is long past, the sentiment of helping those less fortunate still rings true. Especially at this time of year.
You don’t have to sponsor thousands of meals to feed homeless animals in order to make a HUGE difference.
Kindness Comes in Many Flavors
Grumpy Cat and I both have a soft spot in our hearts for animals that have been left to fend for themselves under harsh conditions. Here’s a few things you can do in your local community that will make a significant impact in the quality of life for homeless animals:
- Donate a bag of cat/dog food to your local Humane Society or animal shelter. Sometimes there are even “donation” bins at local pet food stores for local shelters and rescue organizations.
- Give those old towels you were about to throw away to your local animal shelter. They always need towels and other types of bedding material.
- Shelters always need disinfectant cleaners, bleach, newspapers, and paper towels. Next time you’re out shopping, buy extra to donate to your local shelter.
If you don’t have time to shop and deliver goods to your local shelter and know your way around the internet, you can shop the discount stores, like Costco, and have the items delivered for a small fee.
- Donate your time. Shelters need volunteers in all capacities.
- Best of all, open your heart and home to a homeless or rescue animal. They will return the love one hundred-fold.