A few resources that have helped me:
- Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators (SCBWI): Essential for children’s writers and illustrators. Join NOW. You’ll thank me later.
- Save the Cat!: Understanding the language of storytelling, book and workshops.
- Robert McKee: The substance, structure, style, and principles of story, book and seminars.
- Writers Helping Writers: Resources for all genres.
- Elizabeth Spann Craig – Bestselling Cozy Mystery Author: Practical writing tips for all genres.
- Writers Digest: Write better. Get published.
- Writer Unboxed: Tips on craft and the business of publishing, traditional and indie.
- Jane Friedman: Online classes, writing services and resources.
- I Write for Apples: The “Query. Sign. Submit.” writer and agent interviews.
- Literary Rambles: Agent interviews, great for when you’re entering the query process.
The best writing advice I’ve ever received…
Keep on writing no matter what. Published authors are the writers who didn’t give up.