#GiveFriskies, Christmas, Colonel Meow, Elizabeth Fais, Friskies, Grumpy Cat, Hamilton the Hipster Cat, Hard to Be a Cat at Christmas, Holidays, If You Feed Me, MJ Wright, Nala Cat, Oskar the Blind Cat, Random Acts of Kindness, Tardar Sauce
Grumpy … with a Heart of Gold
Once again, Grumpy Cat (Tardar Sauce) has stepped up to help cats who are far less fortunate than herself. She’s championing a cause with Friskies to give 150,000 (!!) meals to cats in need, now through December 25th. Here’s how it works:
Each time you use the hashtag #GiveFriskies on Twitter or Instagram Friskies will donate a meal to cats in need across the nation.
It’s hard to be a cat at Christmas and all cats deserve a good meal. A couple of years ago Grumpy Cat, Oskar the Blind Cat, Nala Cat, Colonel Meow, and Hamilton the Hipster Cat starred in the following video that helped to feed over 500,000 homeless cats.
Kindness Comes in Many Flavors
Grumpy Cat and I both have a soft spot in our hearts for cats that have been left to fend for themselves under harsh conditions. If you don’t use Twitter or Instagram, you can help homeless animals in your community in lots of other ways. Here’s a few small things you can do that are not “small” at all:
- Donate a bag of cat/dog food to your local Humane Society or animal shelter.
- Give those old towels you were about to throw away to your local animal shelter. They always need towels and other types of bedding material.
- Shelters always need disinfectant cleaners, bleach, newspapers, and paper towels. Next time you’re at Costco, buy extra and donate some to your local shelter.
- Donate your time. Shelters need volunteers in all capacities.
- Best of all, open your heart and home to a homeless or rescue animal. They will return the love one hundred-fold.
MJ Wright did a post on The Missing Spirit of Christmas that caused me to reflect on what the holiday season really means. For me, it’s kindness and generosity—but not the commercial-consumption kind—giving from the heart with random acts of inspired kindness. At the end of the day, true joy comes from helping one another…animals included.