Yes, Virginia. There is a Santa Claus!
The United States Postal Service can help you prove it too. Santa can reply to your child’s letter from his workshop, complete with a North Pole postmark.
How to get a North Pole postmark
You can make Santa and his workshop real for your child with a personal reply to their letter that includes a North Pole postmark. Here’s how.
- Write a letter to your child and sign it From Santa.
- Put the letter in an envelope and address it to your child.
- Add the return address SANTA, NORTH POLE.
- Affix a First Class stamp to the envelope.
- Place the complete envelope in a larger envelope with the appropriate postage (to cover the extra weight), and address to:
North Pole Postmark
4141 Postmark Dr.
Anchorage, AK 99530-9998
If you want to know how writing letters to Santa became a thing, you can read Alex Palmer’s A Brief History of Sending a Letter to Santa in Smithsonian Magazine.