#EndFelineFamine, #EndWetFoodHunger, #OccupyTree, @CatFoodBreath, @DisneylandCats, @RealGrumpyCat, cats, Christmas, Elizabeth Fais, Feline Famine, Grumpy Cat, Holidays, Humor, Tastefully Offensive
The Cat-agious Movement Sweeping the World!
You thought your cats were just cute kitties–sweet and fluffy. Dumb animals that can’t grasp the concepts of an organized movement to reshape society. That they couldn’t instigate their own potent paradigm of social action based on contagious memes.
That there was no way they could comprehend the construct of a global revolution that evolved as a result of the Occupy Wall Street protest. That they weren’t paying attention.
Cat-agorically WRONG. You have no idea.
While protesters occupied Wall Street and you were glued to the TV, arguing with neighbors and coworkers, and perhaps organizing an Occupy protest in your community…
A fatally feline hairball of increasingly sophisticated and dynamic change was purrr-posely set in motion.
Cats around the world were plotting their own protest to end hunger for felines around the world.
A collaboration of such magnitude that it would transform the existing social order for the benefit of all cat-kind. Forever. Stealth and cunning, they waited for the perfect cat-a-clysmic moment to pounce…
The Brazen Brains Behind #OccupyTree
Evidence of the claw-dacious overthrow is flooding in. Grinch, move over! Cats everywhere are commandeering Christmas, demanding food and adequate shelter for everyone in their feline family around the globe.
“WHO is responsible for this ferocious feline movement?” authorities are asking.
- Sources report that the cat-tankerous Twitter sensation @CatFoodBreath has shamelessly tweeted about #OccupyTree since 2011, and is thought to be the mastermind behind the entire movement.
- Christmas Trees at the Happiest Place on Earth isn’t even safe. @DisneylandCats unabashedly tweets up their #OccupyTree victories throughout the Magic Kingdom.
- And then there is Grumpy Cat. She’s used her fame to fan the flame of the feline revolt with her @RealGrumpyCat tweets to #EndWetFoodHunger.
Four Paws in Favor of Ending Feline Famine
As I’m sure you’ve realized, this post is pure parody. However, feline famine is very real. In the spirit of the holidays, here’s what you can bring much-needed comfort to a few furry forgotten souls:
- Buy extra cat food next time you’re at the store, and drop it off at your local animal shelter.
- If there is someone in your community who cares for feral cats, buy extra cat food and give it to them. Your donation is a tremendous benefit to the caregiver as well as the cats under their care.
- Donate to a local animal rescue organization. The animal shelter in your area can provide you with a list of rescue organizations and how to get in touch with them.
As Charles Chaplin once said:
Who feeds a hungry animal feeds his own soul